On 04/02/2012 02:18 PM, Pantelis Antoniou wrote:

Ah, about the load it's because perf sched record adds too many events to the
recording (and configuring small buffers for perf). Using a smaller set
of events works much better.

I tried with a different subsets of 'sched:*' events, but it didn't help
too much - shell interactivity ruins to almost zero for everything beyond
'perf sched record sleep 10'.

One thing I did was to record on /tmp - You have enough memory for this to
work.

Even with this, I can see a periodical noise about lost samples. It looks
like that perf subsystem is quite CPU-intensive even for the case where
the workload itself is just a thing like 'sleep 10'.

Dmitry