On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Clark, Rob <r...@ti.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Nicolas Pitre <nicolas.pi...@linaro.org>
> wrote:

Tom Gall said; "We are."
Joey Stanford said; "Linaro is not a Linux distribution."
Jeremiah said; "I'm confused."

Is there a way for Linaro to clarify the distro / non-distro position?

There are lot of "distributions" that say "We're not a Linux distro!"
but in reality they tie you to their dependency resolution scheme and
their build system, (I'm looking at you Yocto.) If Linaro is or isn't
a distro, can Linaro then please define, and adhere to, what it is?
This would likely help clarify the release cycle and the stable /
unstable dichotomy. If you're a distro you likely need a stable
release, if you're just "shiny Linux kernel for ARM" then I guess you
can just do rolling releases, but even upstream seems to have "long
term kernel releases."

Regards,

Jeremiah