On 04/20/2012 07:54 AM, Alexander Sack wrote:

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Akira Tsukamoto
<akira.tsukam...@linaro.org <mailto:akira.tsukam...@linaro.org>> wrote:

    Hi,

    Currently Linaro is not providing checksum file for LEB images.
    For example,
    http://releases.linaro.org/12.__03/android/leb-panda/
    <http://releases.linaro.org/12.03/android/leb-panda/>
    has MD5SUM files but it contains value for only
    boot.tar.bz2, system.tar.bz2 and userdata.tar.bz2.

    There is no equivalent for the most important file which is LEB image:
    panda-ics-gcc46-tilt-tracking-__blob.img.gz

    It would be more user friendly if we have md5 or sha1 checksum
    file for LEB image since not all people have good Internet connection
    and would likely to check integrity of large downloaded file after
    taking very long time.

    My preference of the name convention of the checksum file is:
    panda-ics-gcc46-tilt-tracking-__blob.img.gz
    <- original binary image
    panda-ics-gcc46-tilt-tracking-__blob.img.gz.md5sum
    <- md5sum hash file

Yes, I agree that our prebuilt images should get checksums (both android
and ubuntu)

Looped in Andy and Fathi for that. They worked on this "pretty pretty"
new distribution feature offered by platform. Thanks for your suggestion!

I hope we might be able to do this manually for this month release
(Fathi?); properly landing this in our automation infrastructure might
take more than a couple of days and I wouldn't commit that we get there
by 12.04 milestone. But let's see...

So its been a little hackish how we did the checksums for pre-built images in past months. You can actually get the md5sums for 12.03 android images here:

 http://releases.linaro.org/images/12.03/android/

Hopefully this month will be better.