On 15/05/12 07:03, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

While migrating the Android solution to use linux-linaro-core-tracking, I
get kernel panic with umm-patchset (haven't dug deep into it though, it
might be because the multimedia drivers are not yet migrated for using UMM).
Would it be ok if we only include CMA patchset, but not the dma-buf and
dma-mapping patches?

are you asking whether we would consider to drop dma-mapping from
linux-linaro tree or if it would be a bad idea to do that in your
samsung LT tree?

We will need latest dmabuf and associated stuff.

For linux-linaro, we probably would prefer to try to fix it before
talking about the option to drop such a core topic. Do you have more
info about the kernel panic you see?

Yes approach of dropping -core topics to manage problems isn't really workable. Even if you did it Tushar's older stuff will conflict when you try to unify the kernels.

If it's the case that stuff in linaro tree is more upstream-converged than what Tushar's tree works with, then we can put it another way: the current implementation in Samsung tree (no ding intended since it can just as easily be any of us and no doubt soon will be) needs to be fixed to work with current upstream-headed pieces it needs.

When you put it like that, it's clearer that there's value for Samsung in fixing this in Samsung LT tree to work with latest upstream-headed series, because they're going to have to deal with same breakage shortly from upstream path anyway.

I dunno if it helps, but Rob Clark has a few patches on top of current stuff that might also be something to do with something for Tushar

http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=landing-teams/working/ti/kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tracking-topic-omapdrm-dmabuf

-Andy

--
Andy Green | TI Landing Team Leader
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs | Follow Linaro