Hi!

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM, David Cullen
<david.cul...@koe-americas.com> wrote:
> Hello, linaro-dev,
>
> I am trying to follow the instructions at
>
>     https://wiki.linaro.org/Source/ImageBuilding

Hmm those instructions look a bit out of date and I suspect that's why
you're having issues. I sure hope your build system doesn't date back
to lucid for instance! :-)

That said, are you running this native on arm hardware or cross on intel?

If cross, here's what I do :  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TomGall/CrossBuild

If native steps are pretty much the same. Be careful what directory
you start the build in and that you've run the conf_create.sh IE

bzr branch
lp:~linaro-maintainers/linaro/live-helper.config.precise.ubuntu-desktop
config
cp config/conf_create.sh .
sh conf_create.sh
lb build

Looking at
lp:~linaro-maintainers/linaro/live-helper.config.precise.ubuntu-desktop
however I don't see much activity so I'm slightly concerned that it
might not be up entirely to date. Should be fine but if you run into
problems, please post.

Hopefully someone from dev platforms will speak up.

> However, when I run "sudo lh build", I get the following output
>
>> P: Setting up cleanup function
>> P: Begin caching bootstrap stage...
>> P: Begin bootstrapping system...
>> P: If the following stage fails, the most likely cause of the problem is
>> with your mirror configuration or a caching proxy.
>> P: Running debootstrap (download-only)...
>> I: Retrieving Release
>> E: Failed getting release file
>> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/Release
>> P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
>
> Why is it trying to download files for lenny?

It shouldn't be.

> --
> Thank you,
> David Cullen

Regards,
Tom

"Where's the kaboom!? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering
kaboom!" Marvin Martian
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom_gall att vnet.ibm.com
h) tom_gall att mac.com
h) tom_gall att linaro.org