On 04/12/2013 05:34 PM, Andy Green wrote:
Hi -

At the moment the Mali T624 OOT module sources I have do not build against 3.9-rcX / linux-linaro-core-tracking. A colleague checked it and it does build against 3.4. The problems I saw are around ION compatibility but they didn't look tremendously bad.

Any details on what the ION compatibility issues are?

I could work around the problems myself, but it seems to me this might be something that Linaro could solve centrally, dealing with it using the Androidization model - sync a Linaro repo against code drops coming from "upstream", ie, ARM, but keep it always building against llct inbetween. Perhaps even inside llct.

The idea of having a mali-ization tree sounds like a reasonable approach.

That said, if there are any patches against the ION code needed, I'd be interested in seeing them. Right now is a particularly good time for getting Android dependent patches into AOSP, as linux-linaro isn't very far from the latest AOSP branch, and we've had some good success here over the last week or so.

thanks
-john