Hi Vincent,

I'm actually adding Chris to Cc: as he is also part of the
original discussion about rt-app.

On 05/08/14 22:45, Vincent Guittot wrote:
> Hi Juri,
>
> Here is the pull request for the changes that create a workload generator tool
>
> Regards,
>
> The following changes since commit 17be4548c4260b80be623e0e1317e98a770dea7a:
>
>   copyright added (2014-04-11 09:28:27 +0200)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.linaro.org/power/rt-app.git master
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 8cbaad65d00e3c64c4f941139bc11f4d07822474:
>
>   add a web browsing use case (2014-08-01 15:43:47 +0200)

Thanks for sharing changes in your repository, but IMHO it is
somewhat difficult to review them in this form, as behavioural
changes are intermixed with small fixes. Also, it would be good
if we can integrate changes keeping git history clean. Ideally
we could introduce functional changes followed by (or together
with) examples showing what feature the change introduces. I
know that this is time consuming, so I'm actually asking if you
think you have some time to work on rearranging things.

Having a proper history could also ease review. I'd say we could
try two different methods. I created a GitHub organization that
now hosts the rt-app repo: https://github.com/scheduler-tools/rt-app.
I also created a branch for the original version of the tool so that
we can integrate changes on master.

 Method 1) We use GitHub pull request feature to discuss changes and
           finally integrate them.

 Method 2) You post the patchset (based on master) on linaro-dev
           mailing list, discussion happens on the mailing list
           (everybody can participate), after discussion I apply
           patches resulting from discussion on master.

I'd personally prefer method 2 as it is simpler and can probably get
contributions from a wider audience. What other thinks?

We also said that the name of the tool could be changed, any opinions
on this? Something like workload-gen or wload-gen ?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

- Juri