On 08/08/14 10:35, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> 1. Poetic
>
> Sisyphean workload generator ?
>
> As a punishment for his trickery, King Sisyphus was made to endlessly
> roll a huge boulder up a steep hill. The maddening nature of the
> punishment was reserved for King Sisyphus due to his hubristic belief
> that his cleverness surpassed that of Zeus himself. Zeus accordingly
> displayed his own cleverness by enchanting the boulder into rolling away
> from King Sisyphus before he reached the top which ended up consigning
> Sisyphus to an eternity of useless efforts and unending frustration.
> Thus it came to pass that pointless or interminable activities are
> sometimes described as Sisyphean.

Along the same lines, I'll do you one better:

Paranoid workload generator

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or
fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking
typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a
perceived threat towards oneself (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me").

>From a more grounded but sort of poetic perspective, I would offer:

mimic/mimicry: as a play on mimicking real workload patterns (mimicking: the
act or art of copying or imitating closely). So the tool would be called
'mimicry' which sounds kind of cool (at least to me).

silhouette: as a play on well, the silhouette of workload patterns kind of
thing.

Or in the straightforward (boring/functional) category:

workgen

Robin

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782