> On Jan 30, 2024, at 00:35, ci_notify--- via Gcc-regression
> <gcc-regress...@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
>
> Dear contributor, our automatic CI has detected problems related to your
> patch(es).  Please find some details below.  If you have any questions,
> please follow up on linaro-toolchain@lists.linaro.org mailing list, Libera's
> #linaro-tcwg channel, or ping your favourite Linaro toolchain developer on
> the usual project channel.
>
> We appreciate that it might be difficult to find the necessary logs or
> reproduce the issue locally. If you can't get what you need from our CI
> within minutes, let us know and we will be happy to help.
>
> We track this report status in https://linaro.atlassian.net/browse/GNU-1132 ,
> please let us know if you are looking at the problem and/or when you have a
> fix.
>
> In gcc_check master-arm after:
>
>  | commit gcc-14-8492-g1a8261e047f
>  | Author: Richard Sandiford <richard.sandif...@arm.com>
>  | Date:   Mon Jan 29 12:33:08 2024 +0000
>  |     vect: Tighten vect_determine_precisions_from_range [PR113281]
>  |     This was another PR caused by the way that
>  |     vect_determine_precisions_from_range handles shifts.  We tried to
>  |     narrow 32768 >> x to a 16-bit shift based on range information for
>  |     the inputs and outputs, with vect_recog_over_widening_pattern
>  |     (after PR110828) adjusting the shift amount.  But this doesn't
>  | ... 36 lines of the commit log omitted.
>
> FAIL: 3 regressions
>
> regressions.sum:
> === gcc tests ===
>
> Running gcc:gcc.target/arm/simd/simd.exp ...
> FAIL: gcc.target/arm/simd/mve-vshr.c scan-assembler-times
> vneg.s[0-9]+\\tq[0-9]+, q[0-9]+ 6
> FAIL: gcc.target/arm/simd/mve-vshr.c scan-assembler-times
> vshl.s[0-9]+\\tq[0-9]+, q[0-9]+ 3
> FAIL: gcc.target/arm/simd/mve-vshr.c scan-assembler-times
> vshl.u[0-9]+\\tq[0-9]+, q[0-9]+ 3

Hi Richard,

Could you please check whether the above tests need an update after your patch?
 We see these tests now consistently failing across all 32-bit ARM
configurations that we track (see [1]).

As an example, our configure options for arm-linux-gnueabihf that show the
failure are at [2].

[1] https://linaro.atlassian.net/browse/GNU-1132

[2]
https://ci.linaro.org/job/tcwg_gcc_check--master-arm-build/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/notify/configure-make.txt/*view*/