*Correction - 8 miles to 19...*

Hi Lincoln Talk,
I haven't had a chance to read all the comments but I know people have
mentioned that the Conservation Commission is meeting tonight and vote on
whether to enact proposed changes to trail use that include going from 8 to
19 miles of trails for recreational bike use and giving permits to large
bike groups to use the trails and parking areas.

As a 25+ year walker on Lincoln Trails and cherisher of nature on those
walks, my main concern with proposed changes is that it will invite metro
west bike groups to our trails and parking areas. I sent in a detailed
letter and attended both forums. I can't attend tonight but my hope is they
will postpone enacting changes and hear from more walkers and nature
cherishers.

If you would like to get a copy of my letter which is in the public record
I'm happy to share it - it will give you more info.

I've seen other wonderful arguments and letters asking to keep bike groups
off the trails for a variety of reasons as well.

I'll close here with the thought that at the last forum one LIncoln biker
said he appreciates nature when biking on the trails alone - unfortunately
the proposed sweeping changes to the trail use all over town is going to
bring in bike groups - it's not about one or two Lincoln bike riders.

Thanks for listening. Please contact me if you would like more thoughts on
this.

Thanks,
Barbara