No one’s arguing whether bikes should exist in our town. But Amsterdam is a
city. Mt Misery is the woods. Let’s keep bikes on sidewalks and roads, as they
are in Boston. It does feel dangerous to me to have them on the trails. When
I’m walking with bikes around, I hear the ‘on your left’ about a nanosecond
before they are on top of me, and it's impossible to react in time. In what way
is this an improvement? And will all the dogs at Mt Misery react fast enough,
or in the right direction to get out of the way? Sounds like a mess waiting to
happen. Especially if it’s “mostly kids." And I thought the ticks were the
biggest challenge about a walk at Mt Misery. Well, maybe it’s aptly named after
all?