John Kimball, here since 1972. I have voted for every conservation purchase
since, and have very little sympathy for bikes on conservation land. Bikes do
not use the roadside paths but feel entitled to use the roads, and I have no
confidence that they would confine themselves to approved conservation trails.
For example, I see no need to allow them in the idyllic Adams Woods. Quincy
would roll over in his grave.
Speed seems to be the norm for bikes and the thrill of going downhill over
rocks and roots. Look out below for all mere pedestrians. Bikes should not be
allowed on any narrow paths where they may run into walkers and especially
children. Bikes and dogs are even more incompatible. I strongly oppose the vast
proposed expansion of bike trails.