I have managed staff in multiple offices around the country—and this was in
early 2000’s before Zoom! Modern office workers manage global teams, often from
their home computers. I don’t think on-premises management is a valid argument
for a single building.

I want to make clear that I support investment for community services. I just
don't want to see more new buildings with more new parking. I’m hopeful Lincoln
can come up with innovative, sustainable solutions that preserve our heritage
and feed our collective sense of community.

I hope the CCBC presentation will show data on:
—The number of individuals  arriving each day for private meetings at Bemis.
—The number of weekly events with a larger audience at Bemis and Hartwell.
(E.g. Lincoln Academy, fitness classes, etc.)
—The number of Lincoln residents who use indoor fitness and other classes held
at Bemis and Hartwell? (E.g. % of total residents)

In other words, I would like to understand the actual usage data.
I am not persuaded by the ‘if we build it, they will come’ approach.

Lincoln has so many places where we gather formally and informally—the library,
the churches, Town offices, Pierce House, the Mall, our beautiful new school
(which now houses the preschool, leaving a vacancy at a Hartwell pod).

I love using these beautiful spaces for planned gatherings and unplanned
encounters. I just don’t think we need another new building.

See you Monday night!

Lynne Smith
5 Tabor Hill Road
Lincoln, MA 01773