Rhonda,

I and I believe many fellow citizens concur with your general sentiment,
but I believe the core of the nervousness is the concern that the $325K
will be spent on flushing out one of the existing designs, of which we have
been informed could be a $25MM+ project and a portion of the community is
not comfortable spending that sum of money on a community center. We are
then put into a potential situation where we spend $325K on a design that
is then rejected by the community.

Collectively, perhaps the town is comfortable spending a lower amount -
perhaps the original price tag of $15MM is a good target? - if that is the
case, how do we capture that sentiment now to give direction to the CCPC
and the architecture firm for this next phase of design?

Perhaps the vote does not need to be so discrete with a Yes or No vote on
just allocating $325K. Perhaps attaching a max project cost constraint
would reassure people that spending the $325K now won't lead to a project
that is ultimately rejected by the town and thus wasting $325K (a
significant sum, regardless of the source).

bob