Regarding cooking classes keep in mind that Lincoln Sudbury adult education
offers a selection of cooking classes at reasonable prices.

Also keep in mind that you can reserve the beautiful Tarbell room at the
Lincoln library for meetings or gatherings. A recent query to one of the
reference librarians informed me that the room is reserved about 20 to 25%
of the time, so there’s lots of availability. The room features a state of
the art easy to use audio visual system that was provided through the
generosity of the friends of the Lincoln library.

The only real drawback to utilizing meeting spaces around the town is that
it might complicate the efforts of the COA to record visits which they use
to help justify funding requests.

Finally, regarding the reference to the pool table and the musical The
Music Man, the key takeaway is that the good citizens were conned :)
Dennis Picker