Hi,
Not sure if anyone has suggestions for an economical way to transport donated furniture to Acton? The “ReSupply” service is expensive, in my opinion, plus I’ve had recent experience with unprofessional service from that particular vendor. For those of us who do not have a truck, are there alternatives? I know the Acton Household Goods org relies on volunteers and does not do pick-ups in Lincoln.

Kathleen Lomatoski

klomato...@gmail.com

On Aug 21, 2023, at 1:15 PM, RAandBOB <raand...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Something to consider when you’re looking to get rid of furniture.

Ruth Ann
(She, her, hers)

Begin forwarded message:

From: Household Goods <sha...@householdgoods.org>
Date: August 21, 2023 at 12:00:17 PM EDT
To: raand...@earthlink.net
Subject: Need for Furniture Donations is High

SUMMER 2023
Happy Labor Day!

Household Goods will be closed
from Saturday September 2 through Monday September 4
Help us Meet the Surging Demand for Help
We are experiencing a surge in referrals for families who are in great need of furniture and household items. In July alone we provided essential furniture and household items for 249 homes, serving 367 adults and 299 children. They are families who lack the resources to buy items they need, even in second-hand markets.

Please help us keep up with the high current demand for beds, couches, and kitchen/dining tables. The effort you make to donate your items will make an enormous difference in the quality of life for those who receive them.

In an effort to make donating easier:

EXTENDED DROP-OFF HOURS: We are extending our Saturday drop-off hours until 2pm through September (closed Labor Day weekend).

COUCHES-ONLY DRIVE: We are holding a one-day Couches Only Drive in Acton and Concord. Our goal is to pick up 11 couches on September 11. We will only have room for couches that day, but you may drop off other items during our drop-off hours or connect with ReSupply to schedule a pick up.

Not in Acton or Concord? Consider scheduling a pick up through our partner ReSupply.

We know that getting bigger items to us can pose a challenge. At this time, our pickups are very limited. We only have the capacity to pick up a fraction of the furniture required to meet the current need. We are calling on the collective creativity of the community to help us find ways of getting the furniture our clients need out of storage and into our showroom.

  • Consider renting a truck on your own or with your friends or neighbors to bring in furniture.

  • Host a furniture drive with your social, faith, or community group; email i...@householdgoods.org for more information.
Most Needed Now: Furniture and Smaller Housewares
We are very low on these necessary items:

  • Couches/Sofas
  • Dining/Kitchen tables
  • Dish sets
  • Flatware
  • Towels, hand towels, wash cloths (all sizes)

Donation drop-off hours are Tuesdays, Thursdays and 9am-noon and Saturdays 9am-2pm.

Please review our Donation Guidelines before bringing your donations to us. Thank you!

No items to donate but still want to help? Our Amazon wish list is always a great way to help our clients.
The Need is Continuous
Please Help Fund a Bed - or Fund a Bed a Month
For families living without furniture, finding beds to sleep in is the highest priority. Every year, we do our best to provide 4,000 adults and 3,000 children with good-quality, clean mattresses, free of rips, stains, or odors. This requires re-stocking mattresses at a rate of 150 per week – far higher than the rate of donated mattresses we receive. Our Fund a Bed and More program helps fill the gaps by purchasing mattresses or other essential items when our donated supplies run low.
Please click here to Fund a Bed today. All proceeds will be used to purchase beds and other critical items to give, free of charge, to families in need. Please consider a monthly gift by clicking "frequency" in our drop down menu and selecting Monthly.
Thank You to Our Summer Volunteers!
A huge THANK YOU to our summer student volunteers. We have been so impressed with your dedication, energy, and willingness to pitch in and do what it takes to help people in need make a home.

We will miss you, but hope you come back next summer or on the weekends during the school year. You are always welcome!
Volunteer Help Currently Needed Most

LOAD CLIENT TRUCKS: Help clients after they have selected furniture from the showroom by loading the items into their trucks.

QUALITY CHECK DONATED ITEMS: Join a team that checks and processes incoming donations and assembles bed frames to make sure the items we are providing are good quality and complete.

NEW DONATION SHIFT: Join our Saturday swing shift (11am-2:15pm) to help make our extended furniture donation hours possible.
These and many other volunteer opportunities are available. If you are interested in volunteering, please register here or email volunt...@householdgoods.org with any questions.
Visit Us at Local Fall Community Events
Household Goods will have a table at several community events this fall. Stop by, say hello, and learn more about Household Goods at:
Connect with Household Goods