It was a tufts medical professor who died in Newton. My friend saw the
accident. A UPS truck hit him.

It’s awful, and no one feels okay about it. I don’t think the drivers are
horrible drivers; it’s just very hard to manage narrow roads with no shoulder
and severe curves, with cyclists. No one wants to hit a cyclist. It’s not a
perfectly safe thing to do, riding a bike on the roads around here, sadly, and
as a conscientious driver, I hate a day when all the cyclists are out - I pray
my way through Lincoln and Concord. I wish they had dedicated bike lanes. How
awful for the drivers also; that UPS driver who killed the Tufts professor must
be incredibly distraught right now. I have compassion for the whole situation.