At Special Town Meeting last year, I opened my comments by saying that I
recognized the need to spend money to address genuine needs that PRD and
COA/HS face.  I said that I was willing to pay taxes to address the needs.
I also said that I was against spending more to address aspirations that
were wants and not needs.

I have attended every CCBC meeting except one from mid January through mid
August and have made clear to that committee in public comments that I am
not advocating for "do nothing."  I have been making comments and
suggestions to the committee to try to ensure that a low-cost option which
addresses essential needs and leaves out unnecessary aspirations is
developed as a choice that is presented to the voters.

In the world in which I live, careful objective analysis, which often
involves numbers, is a way to understand what are the core needs.

If such a reasonable low cost option is offered, I will vote for it.

Dennis Picker, Page Rd