We had the same problem at our home.  Two things need to be done.

First, eliminate what the woodpeckers are looking-for, most likely carpenter
ants.  woodpeckers can hear them through the wood, and will drill holes there.
Our home is similar to yours, I think, with vertical siding: that type of
construction is prone to rot starting at the bottom corners of the windows and
running down from there underneath the siding - carpenter ants love rotten and
wet wood.

Second, discourage the birds with something “scary”.  In our case, we hung old
CD’S and DVD’S on strings about a foot apart, and dangled them over the areas
the birds were attacking.  It did the job.  I’ve been told that tin foil also
works well.

We had major woodpecker issues when we bought our home, 15 years ago.  Have not
had any issues for about 10 years now.

-Allen Vander Meulen

Sent from my iPad