A friend asked me the other day, do you really think you will use the
Community Center? Absolutely, I said. Another friend leaned into the
conversation and said, if we don’t build a Community Center, I may not stay
in Lincoln. The first friend said, tell me, how do you think you would use
the Center?

Well I said, I imagine that... since I work from home a lot and
particularly when I retire, I will have a routine where I work out in the
mornings at the Center, in a class or on my own on machines. After my
workout, I stop by the lobby for a cup of coffee. While there, I sign up to
read to second graders on Tuesdays after my workout. And in my afternoon
watercolor class at the Center, I find myself sitting next to the second
grader that I read to!

I imagine that... every Fourth of July I attend a fundraiser at the Center,
enjoy a barbeque and wine, see my friends, and then mosey over to the
fireworks with my blanket and friends I bumped into.

I imagine that... had we had a Center 17 years ago when we moved in during
August with four kids ages 7 to 15, our realtor would have mentioned that
the Center has a Welcome Ambassador, one at Parks and Rec and one at the
Council on Aging. And that I would have found out about the pool, Valley
Pond, the membership to the DeCordova, and made my first friend through an
Ambassador.

I’m curious, what do you imagine? Why are you interested in a Community
Center?

Ellen Meyer Shorb

(This is submitted as a personal note, although I am a member of the
Finance Committee and the Community Center Building Committee.)

                   ELLEN MEYER SHORB
                   BlueSagePartners.com <https://bluesagepartners.com/>
                   781-879-9805