Ruth Ann and Margaret are absolutely right (aside from Ruth Ann accidentally
converting 15 units to 15% in her comments below).

I was deeply involved those discussions at the time.  That $1M "loan" was
intended to ensure that those 15 affordable units would remain affordable in
perpetuity, regardless of ownership changes - including bankruptcy.  It
accomplished exactly what it was designed to do.  I believe the only way we'd
"lose" those units is if the town opts to release the lien on the property -
i.e., it will be the town's decision, not the owner's.

That loan also made the project financially viable for CIVICO, as viability was
no longer assured after the many other concessions they made in their
negotiations with the town.

All this is a matter of public record, and (in addition to the published
minutes) I believe might also be available in videos of some of those meetings:
made for broadcast on the community cable channels, and available on the town
website.

-Allen Vander Meulen

Sent from my iPhone