I separated out this part so I could ask the Selects, but thought I would
include Lincoln Talk as well.

Selects/HCAWG:

Is the Dec 2nd "vote" actually binding in any way? For that matter, is the
HCAWG output binding or are they just presenting their work to the Selects
who are the arbitrators of what gets put on the ballot?  I'm just unclear
on the actual relationship between those two entities and who has authority
to do what and was hoping to get some clarification.

You initially asked for suggestions for other options to be included but I
wanted to express concerns that presenting any specific options (C, D, E,
whatever) is going to be uninformative. If I heard correctly (and this may
have changed since the last meeting), there isn't going to be a
presentation, just a rank choice vote.  I know there are several folks
tracking this very closely, but I'll go out on a limb and say a lot of
folks are not. I get a lot of, 'Oh yeah, what's going on with that?'
comments when I've asked various people. Having the town rank choice vote
without context is not really going to lead to anything informative at
best, and misleading at worst.  I think there is a better way to use the
event to get a sense of what the HCAWG/Selects should put together for the
March vote.  I would suggest an alternate structure:

Knowing that 20% of the HCA zoning must occur within 0.5 Miles of the
commuter rail. I think the justification for the districts should stand on
their own and we should ask the town if we should include.  Check all that
apply.

(a) The Mall
(b) Lincoln Station
(c) Codman Rd
(d) ... I'm sure there's other options here as well as well as variations
of the above (more inclusive/less inclusive)

Maybe provide the % each one would contribute, knowing they need to add to
20%.

Knowing that 80% of the zoning must occur "somewhere".  I think the rank
choice voting, or just a vote here would be:

Should the HCAWC look to re-zone:
(a) 80% within the .5 mile radius of the commuter rail station.  This would
create a denser development (e.g. traffic, housing), but also closer to
retail and mass transit.  This includes larger parcels and current
individual land owners
(b) 80% in existing multi-family developments.  This would allow us to be
compliant with HCA, but likely not lead to redevelopment in those areas.
Other areas would follow the same Town Meeting processed we have used
historically
(c) 80% as existing R-1 (or other types) of parcels around town. This could
create a distribution of smaller developments around town (min. 5 acres
each) made up of properties of individual land owners
(d) a mix of the above.  Would possibly provide a mix of the previous
choices

(note, I've tried to make the language neutral...but you know).  It would
be useful for a short narrative to accompany choices.

These are all just notional options, but I think would be a better sense of
the town than asking about complex packages.  I think there is some middle
of the road option in all of this.

I just wanted to share that thought.

Andy