The Attorney General's threats should not influence town voters.  A
court case would
take years to produce a final result.  No developer is going to break
ground on a project
that has a 50-50 chance of being ordered demolished.

I don't take the threat seriously anyway.  The law specifies the
consequences for
noncompliance: ineligibility for certain types of grants.  It does not
authorize Andrea
Campell to kick down your front door and move 29 more families onto
your lot.  She
may sue for the PR value and then we'll have to spend some money on lawyers.

The grant money we are talking about is a small fraction of the
deferred maintenance
on our water system, or a small fraction of the cost of the community
center we will
be voting on.  It's not going to make or break our budget.

I will probably vote for the rezoning because I think it's the right
thing to do.  I won't vote
for it just because some town boards say I have to vote for it.

John Carr