While I am happy to see some recognition that our MBTA needs investment,  I
would like to point out the magnitude  and likelihood of the dollars we are
talking about.  Regrettably, we are many, many years away from a properly
functioning and reliable MBTA and commuter rail in Lincoln.

According to the Boston Globe:

"The MBTA needs a gobsmacking $24.5 billion to repair and replace its
decrepit track, stations, trains, signals, and other assets, an agency
analysis released Thursday shows, providing the long-awaited tally of how
broken the transit system is."

"The next most expensive is the commuter rail system, at about $8 billion,
with the bulk of investment needed for stations, followed by the Green and
Mattapan lines — which need $4.7 billion."

[image: image.png]

List to the article:
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/11/16/metro/cost-to-fix-mbta/