I grew up riding Metro-North, and I understand that by comparison the Fitchburg line is not great. The frequency is a problem, and that in large part dictates the degree to which people depend on it, and their attitude towards it.

But it’s not getting any better if we don’t comply. I think we can be sure of that, both because the demand won’t be sufficient, and we’ll have thumbed our noses at the idea of being a mass transit-oriented community.

It’s not clear to me how somebody can wish for improvements to the commuter rail in Lincoln and not see that concentrating density around the train is the answer. (I’m not saying you’re a somebody, by the way, just pointing out that I’ve heard plenty of people trying to play both sides of the coin.)

Sent from my iPhone