The HCA is NOT a set of guidelines. The guidelines were created by the
EOHLC. According to Ms Olson, "compliance with the HCA is "exactly zoning
by laws".

This is why knowing the bylaws for the proposed subdistricts is incredibly
important. Why even vote on density and height restrictions tomorrow, as
all of these options have specified, if the planning board can just
override everything and make it whatever height and density that they (or
the developer) feels like adding.

Furthermore, Option E has been modified to fix the minor issue that Utile
thought may need addressed before submitting it to the state. It meets all
the guidelines set forth by the EOHLC.

Option C was submitted to the state, however it was never deemed compliant.
Nor were options D1, D2 or D3.

Furthermore, option C was significantly changed on Wednesday and will need
resubmitted to the state to account for these changes.

It’s unfortunate that you think we are trying to be disruptive, considering the
state actually modified the HCA model used to calculate modeled units this
week, due to the LRHA’s work highlighting the significant flaw that results
in an overzoning of units.

This change removed over 400 additional units from option C that could have
been built, by right, on top of the 800 actual units that are allowed in
the current option C being voted on tomorrow.

While we are grateful that Utile finally listened to our concerns and
consulted with the state to address the issue with the model, It’s
unfortunate that the HCAWG members refused to sit down with us weeks ago
when the issue was detected.

So if you call that disruptive, so be it.

Sarah Postlethwait

Lewis Street

Anyone interested in learning more about Option E and the significant
changes made to options C, D1, D2 and D3 this week can learn more here:

https://sites.google.com/view/lincoln-hca-info/compare-the-options