Personally, my dissatisfaction is not with the "super majority" who showed up.
My dissatisfaction is with the moderation of the meeting.
During the discussion of the Community Center, I was next to speak at the
microphone in the auditorium. The moderator recognized me, I stated my name and
address, and at that point someone on the stage (I don't remember who) jumped
up and asked to respond to the previous speaker. The moderator asked me to
wait, which I did, and the person who asked to speak made his remarks. I was
ready to speak, but the moderator then recognized the person at the microphone
in the gym. That person called the question, which was approved by those
present, and I was unable to speak. I was unable to speak because the moderator
lost track of what was happening, which speaks to the disorganization of the
meeting that I felt prevailed throughout the day.
I would like to ask my questions in this forum in hope that someone might know
the answers:
    1. To what extent will the hours of the Community Center be limited because
it is located on the school campus? I remember this as part of a long-ago
discussion, but I don't remember the answer.

    2.  Will there be enough "jobs" for all of the seniors who request them to
mitigate the increase in taxes?  I remember a time when there were not enough
opportunities for those who requested them.
Also, Select Dwyer made the statement at the TM that they (the Selects) did not
include location of the Community Center or programs anywhere other than the
school campus as part of the development of the 50%, 75%, and 100% options
because he "hadn't heard anyone ask them to." Apparently Select Dwyer hasn't
been listening. Perhaps he needs to reread the amendment that was passed at
that late night meeting.
I apologize for the long post. This has been festering.
Irene Earle-RiceSouth Great Rd.

    On Thursday, January 4, 2024, 10:01:22 AM EST, Paul Shorb