WinZip. If the client uses WinZip to make the updates, there is an option to make the zip files self expanding.

Kerry Thompson wrote:

I'm working on a project where we will periodically get updates off the Web.
They're likely to be several megs, so the client wants to deliver them in an
archive, probably a zip archive.

What is the best tool for extracting files from a zip archive? We will
probably unzip them to one location, then copy them into the appropriate
directories. The copying part is easy enough once we get them unzipped.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.298 / Virus Database: 265.6.4 - Release Date: 12/22/2004

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]