Hi list...

I'm working on some imaging lingo where I'm trying to convert a normal
RGB/32 bit full color image into a colorized monochromatic version of it
where only the photo's brightness values are preserved.  Below are two
ways I've been able to approach the effect I want, but neither is truly
monochromatic.  I'm wondering if anyone has ideas.

-- on the stage:

Sprite(1) is a solid color, copy ink.
Sprite(2) above it is a full color photo, darkest ink.

-- through code:

theThumbImage = random(cast("thumbs").count)
colorized = image(120,180,32) -- create image
colorized.fill(colorized.rect, rgb(0,0,255)) -- fill with solid blue
xtraColorized = colorized.duplicate()
colorized.copyPixels(member("photo").image, colorized.rect,
member("photo").image.rect, [#ink:33])--add pin
colorized.copyPixels(xtraColorized, colorized.rect, xtraColorized.rect,
[#ink:39, #blend:36]) -- darkest
sprite(me.spriteNum).member.image.copyPixels(colorized,
sprite(me.spriteNum).member.rect, colorized.rect)

Thanks and happy new year,
Michael M.