Am 11.04.2005 um 21:36 schrieb Thomas Higgins:

Is there a new DOM replacement for 'the systemDate'? Yes, in the form of
_system.date(), but it does not offer 1-for-1 functionality. The older 'the
systemDate' returned a date object whose properties you could query (year,
month, day) whereas the newer _system.date() returns a string that you must
parse once you've sorted out the expected format of the string. Ugh. The
decision was made back in my QA days oh so long ago (I'm joking, it was just
over a year ago actually) and I for one disagreed with it. So there is no
direct identical replacement in the new DOM world.

don't want to be a fault-finder, but isn't it that _system.date is rather the old "the date", which always returned a localized string, which you had to do ugly string trickery before the systemdate was introduced in D8 (?), when the date object was introduced as whole new data type ?

the systemdate actually is NOT undocumented AFAIK, it even made its way into the manual.
the only thing, which is undocumented since the beginning (dunno why though and can't figure it either) is the VERY useful seconds property of the date object.

so I think the systemdate rather shares the fate of floatprecision in that it was forgotten to put into the _system object.

but isn't it a good idea to leave some work for upcoming releases after all ? I mean making a perfect product could mean unemployment for the talented engeneers, isn't it ?

ażex

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]