Hi Rodrigo,

you might also check out some script I wrote called "Unicode Class"
(<http://dasdeck.de/staff/valentin/lingo/unicode_class/>). it can
convert double-byte to unicode and v.v., and the demo also shows how to
pass unicode from director to flash. The demo uses japanese text
(Shift-JIS=CP932) as example for handling of doubly-byte text, but there
is no difference for chinese text (CP936, Big5=CP950).
Maps for chinese are included in
<http://dasdeck.de/staff/valentin/lingo/unicode_class/maps_double_byte.z
ip>
For a good overview over character sets see
http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/codepages.html

Valentin