On Jun 9, 2005, at 4:01 PM, Brennan wrote:

AFAIK none of the QTVR 'killers' for Director or Flash actually do the
tricky optical distortions that makes photographers wet their pants.

I went looking for an alternative to apple VR and came to the conlusion that there isn't anything that has feature parity.

In my mind, having QT and Flash on the Director stage simultaneously is
asking for trouble. Use one or the other, not both.

If you weren't supposed to mix and match it wouild be called monomedia. Here is a proto I did a few years back that combines flash and VR in a fashion similar to what Julian described (Flash hotspots linked to the VR scene, Displaying the vr field of view in a flash birdseye map). It seems to me that what he is describing is completely do able, the devil is in the details.

rj

Flash + VR proto
http://www.johngutmann.org/jerusalem/index12.html

Conceiveably you could put a flash track in your qt movie, to avoid
flickering, but you'd probably need some wired actions to make it do what I think you want to do. (Wired action authoring requires Adobe's GoLive or
totallyHip's LiveStage).

Of course, if you do it that way, you might not need Director at all ;)

Brennan

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email lingo-l@penworks.com (Problems, email owner- lingo@penworks.com). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]