yes, this was indeed the problem.
actually two parentscripts were of type moviescript.

thanks again
arri

On 18 mei 2005, at 02:45, arjen wrote:

thanks for respons,

what irv writes could be possible cause,
i'll look into that tomorrow, it happened to me before that i created a new script, not looking if i was actually creating a parentscript or movie-script..
although i'm afraid this isn't the problem this time, because in the same script it sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. my logics tell me that this movie-script-thing is the cause, it should be consistent.. but i'll see tomorrow.

and roymeo; i don't really understand what you mean, since the text "new(#text)" is hardcoded in the lingo.
and besides: it also fails when i test it in the message window, where it otherwise will also work for me..

it's just as if Director is in a bad mood sometimes..

arri