hi nik,

I havn't heard of this, but like john I usually only use halt instead.
If switching to halt doesn't help in your case, you could put a lingo.ini next to your projector, with

on startup
 the debugplaybackenabled = 1
 the traceLogFile = "log.txt"
 the trace = 1
end

and then run and quit the projector and check if there is any helpful information at the end of log.txt.

cheers,
valentin

nik crosina wrote:
Hi,

I am having a strange little problem here - never before in about 8, 9
years of Director ....:

Whenever I run a simple dir exe from a CD-ROM, even only launch it,
and then quit it (which just takes it to a timed credit/quit screen
and then to a frame with a 'quit' script) it comes up with an alert
sauying 'This application is quitting because too many errors
occurred'

... and I am thinking: No, it's not. It's quittingbecasue I clicked
quit. Becasue the thing is that when I use it, all functions are
working perfectly, it uses the PDF Xtra as it should, and there is not
much more in there that could go wrong (or so I am thnk ing
currently...)

Have you heared or experience dthat before?

Thaks and a happy and enjoyable start to the new year all of you!!!!