way. So your technique isn't new or different in any way, each player
version can load and play older files regardless of file format
changes
and whatnot (the greater the version delta the riskier that gets but
even Shockwave today can handle DCRs from nearly 10 years ago).

it wasn't my intention to come out with a "new technique". I just wanted to mention this possibility because lee said in his original mail that "the bulk of the work has already been done in flash", so if the only thing he needs to do in director is this imaging XOR routine, and he already owns a copy of dmx, buying dmx2004 might not be justified. but of course I understand that you are bound to sell as much as possible :-)
(just kidding)

valentin