Slava & others

I've often come across a similar problem. Let's say you make a
slideshow application that loads images from disk. If I use one
sprite and change the fileName prop, the sprite will adjust its size
to the new member as expected.

But if I resize the sprite (using width or rect or whatever) and load
new members into it, every image will be resized to the set sprite
dimensions.

Compensating for this creates all kinds of flickering and
inconssistent behavior for the end user. (See example* further down.)

Q: How do I reset the sprite so that it automatically adjusts to the
size of its contents? (_Before_ displaying the contents, that is...)

----
*Example:
- sprite 1 holds a bitmap member
- user resizes sprite 1 to 200%
- a QT movie is loaded into sprite 1
- QT will get same size as the bitmap was
- If I resize the sprite to match QT movie's original size, the user
will see 200% size for a moment before the sprite has adjusted =
flicker
- Only way to avoid flickering is to use 2 sprites, one offstage for
Problem: If I use this 2-sprite method on a QT, and the user starts
playing and then chooses to resize, then the playing will stop when
(s)he resizes the movie - because it's another sprite...
- Phew.
----

-A.