I'm not sure what you mean... Are you in
http://www.dougseib.com/shockv.html or in http://www.dougseib.com ?

In http://www.dougseib.com/shockv.html I don't see any flashing when
clicking "contact". But the Contact sprite flashes when I click
"about", "portfolio" or "links" the second time.

Does it only flash in SW or is it the same in author mode?

Aha, I just saw you previous postings... it seems you are jumping to
markers. Now I have 2 suggestions:

1) Exactly in which moment (what handler) do you make the "contact"
sprite invisible? If you don't do it every time you return to "home",
then try to extend the "contact" sprite so that it exists on the
other markers too, even though it is invisible. (By doing so,
Director won't be as surprised by the invisible sprite when you are
jumping to "home" - it has to take it into account all the time.)

2) When you jump to the "home" marker, did you try to jump to 1 frame
before the actual home frame where the "contact" sprite is? Sometimes
director needs a little extra time to catch up, before making sprites
invisible etc.

-A.