Eva,

>Could it be a memory issue?  It seems strange that 3-5 images work fine in
>one of my gallerys but exceeding that number so far has always given me the
>error.

I also find it strange, and I don't thjink it's likely to be a memory
issue, beacuse you aren't straining the computer very hard. If you
had 200 images then I would be more anxious.

Do you get exactly the same symptom if you rearrange the order of the
members in the images cast? If it always complains on member 5, what
happens if you put member 5 first?

Does it always complain on exactly the same image member, or is
somewhere between nr 3 to 5 in the same movie?

Did you try to remove all image members and insert a different set of
images, for example only the images that work from each movie? Do
some of the imported images or their members have strange characters
in their names? Sorry, but we have to narrow down the problem here...

>>Two, are you using jpegs?
>
>Yes

All RGB jpegs, or some RGB some CMYK? Please do try to resave and
reimport them in another format: Mac RGB pict, Win RGB bmp. For some
reason I think this will solve, or at least reveal, the problem.

>Double checked the xtra folder .jpeg import xtra there.
>My members are 32 bit and I am pretty sure I changed his display member for
>all of the movies.

Which Xtras folder did you double check? Director's or the movie's?
If the movie's: Why don't you include Xtras in the projector instead?

Another thing: You are using the JPEG import Xtra. This was a part of
the Director 7 package, and is obsolete in D8+, as jpeg fuctionality
is built-in. (No Xtra needed as long as you only use jpeg.) But in D7
there was no imaging lingo... !?

I'm speaking about Mac here, still not sure what platform you're on,
and if the Xtras might be different on Win (though I wouldn't hink
so).

BTW: is the code from lesson 1, used for importing external files,
included in your project? If so, there might be a problem when
Projector tries to load external files from an empty or non-existent
folder, especially if the folder contains something else than an
image. Delete the folder and create a new one with the same name and
location!

HTH
-A.