Stanly Kadamala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I  just want to know how we can handle if we need to use more than 1000
> channels.

Hi Stanly,

You can use #filmloop and #movie members (Linked Director Movies or LDMs) to
create sprites which have their own internal sprites.

Try this experiment with filmloops:
1. Create a new movie in Director
2. Create some graphic members and add several sprites to the Stage
   or the Score window
3. Open the Message window (Ctrl-M/Command-M) and type the following:

   new(#filmLoop).media = the score

4. Now press the Return/Enter key
5. Open the Cast window and note that a new member has been created
6. Select everything in the Score window and delete it
7. Drag the new film loop member to the Stage and run your movie

Result: All the information that was previously contained in the Score is
condensed to a single sprite channel.

8. Note the member number of the filmloop member
9. Type the following in the Message window, then press the Return key:

   the score = member(x).media

   (You'll need to replace "x" with the member number of the filmloop
   member that you noted in step 8)

Result: The original sprite members and positions are restored.  Empty
channels are automatically removed.

At runtime, you can't expand and collapse filmloops so easily, but it can be
done.  You can use the unofficial "tell sprite x" command to talk to a
#filmloop or a #movie member in a sprite, just as you would use "tell window
x" to talk to a movie in a window (see the Lingo dictionary for details).

Linked Director Movies are even more powerful: you can move sprites around
inside the movie.  To create an LDM, just create a Director movie and save
it, then open a new movie, and import the saved Director movie.  With care,
you can use LDMs to create complex widgets in a single sprite channel.

You can find examples of LDMs at ...
>>        http://perso.planetb.fr/newton/index.html#linked
You can also find an article on creating filmloops on the fly at...
>>        http://www.director-online.com/accessArticle.cfm?id=154

Cheers,

James