Hi Michael,

> > where in the Macromedia file they use
> > document.write("$PR");
> I don't understand the "$PR" - what kind of variable is this?
> PHP? I didn't see any declaration.

it's a variable parsed by Director when publishing

> In your suggestion:
> document.write('<PARAM NAME=sw1 VALUE="');
>       document.write(nYourParameter);
>       document.write('">\n');
>
> nYourParameter is passed as a text to Shockwave - how do I pass the value?
> I suppose you expected me to declare like this:
> var nYourParameter = navigator.appName();  (for example)

you're supposing very well ;¬)

> Sorry, I am new to web programming and rather confused.
I'm not very advanced into javascript boring stuffs, but I've done a quick
demo to show you how this works:
<http://sebastien.portebois.free.fr/lingo/javascript/>
you'll have the .dcr that get and show the sw1 parameter, and the .htm page
use this javascript technique to set the javascript var varSw1 to
navigator.appName .

hth,
.séb