At 11:35 -0500 03/05/2002, the nightboy wrote:

>But to move from Lingo to actionscript is quite simple; it is a shame how
>people on both direct-l and flashcoders get so bent out of shape when the
>other software make leaps forward.

Agreed, but it happens largely because flame-trolling folks make
fatuous and untrue comments about how one platform is "killing" the
other, which leads to stampedes in the herd. (This is not to be
confused with legitimate expressions of concern; rather, I am
referring to deliberate tree-shakers, all of whom know who they are,
and all of whom appear only every once in a while to make some inane
negative comment, *never* to post anything of merit.)

What it comes down to is that many people seem to want things to
remain absolutely unchanging, as this is comfortable. Unfortunately
the world *is* change, so that's not possible. It makes the most
sense to become reasonably skillful with one platform, and then to
expand into whatever direction seems most comfortable. For some this
is Flash; for others, Java or C++ or VBasic or whatever. And in the
meantime, there's no reason to worry, and certainly no use in doing
so.

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting