>As it goes I wouldn't pay anything for a BETA version either.
>
>It is unfinished and therefore not marketable.
>
>I think they have a cheek asking for money for a beta.

OK, but the term "beta" can be stretched. I've been developing with
MIDIio as a crucial component for a month (part time of course), and
it works very well. (MacOS 9.1, MIDIio demo version)

What is NOT implemented yet is nothing that affects performance, just
some minor convenience thingies.

That said, if I want to release my one-month-of-work software as
shareware, I must register MIDIio, and I don't think it will pay off.
So I guess I'll go on using it in author mode!!!

-Andreas