GetOne returns where in a list it found a match of the thing you are
looking for - or zero if it doesn't find it.  So, here's what you do.
Set up your list in a beginSprite handler, but save it in a property
variable.  Then, where you are doing your check, refer to this list:

property pListOfNames  -- saves the list of things to look for

on beginSprite me
    -- Assign this only once!
    -- Brackets work just fine, no need for the "list" function
    pListOfNames = ["cone01", "ROOKPLY1R", "ROOKPLY1L", "ROOKPLY2R",
"ROOKPLY2L"]
end

on exitaction me, whichmodel
    where = getOne(pListOfNames, whichmodel.name)
    if where > 0 then  -- found it in the list
         scene.model(whichmodel.name).shader.emissive = rgb(0,0,0)
         cursor -1
   end if
end

Irv

--

Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

   (Home-made Lingo cooked up fresh every day just for you.)