Hi Michael,

> I want to create a form that enables the user to edit database
> entries. For
> that I have a grid of 25 rows and 40 lines. Gives you 1000 cells.
> If I use 1
> editable text sprite per cell, I need all possible 1000 sprite
> channels and
> I haven't any left for background and title graphics. There must
> be another
> solution to this - can anyone help?

This is just a thought, I havn't tested it and don't even know if it could
work, but here it comes:

couldn't you use just a large bitmap member and *one* single #text or #field
sprite. I guess the user edit only 1 field at a time, and so all other ones
can be bitmaped.
There's intermediate 'solutions', based on the same idea, using one bitmap
for each lines, and a few #fields for the edited line. This might fasten the
TAB to next editable item emulation you'll add to this imaging lingo
spreadsheet.

The idea is just to get the image of a texte member and copyPixeling it to
the spreadsheet buffer (after filling the updating cell by the background
color).

In his book James provide a bulletproff and fully-customzable handler to do
this with font/fontSize/fontStyle/alignment/color/ and antialias option, and
for such an intensive use you should just modifiy it to always use the same
buffering #text member rather than creating then deleting a temp member each
time the handler is called.

Hope this make sense and can help,

.séb