Hi Michael,

There are some alternate solutions, but which ones you can use depends on
your background (prowess) in the programming department.

First, let me say, that you're not limited to 1000 channels.  You can go to
Modify | Movie | Properties and change that to a higher number.  It just
defaults to 1000.

So, you may want to just take that advice and run with it.

As far as alternatives, there are a couple of things to consider:

0) Allow more than 1000 channels in your movie.

1) You can only edit one field at a time, so you could have a big
displayable area and only one edit field, but I suspect this would be an
unsatisfying solution (because of the difficulty making that representative
field and emulating all the features).

2) You can make the spreadsheet itself a Movie in a Window, and have the
main program (with buttons and all) a separate program.  This might work
best, but you'll have to learn how to talk to and manage Movies in a Window
(MIAW).  However, that's not a bad project.

3) Your solution limits you to 25 rows and 40 lines?  What if you wanted
more?  The solution is to only allocate sprites for the rows THAT ARE SEEN,
and to swap out those sprite channels as they scroll.  So, the only ones
you have to show are the ones that are visible.  This can cut down on your
sprite channels tremendously.  I use this technique for some software that
needs to display hundreds of images, with background sprites, but I make a
pool of sprites and a channel manager and only use sprites for the ones
that are on screen at any given time.  It's most conservative in the
channel department, but I will confess that it takes a bit of programming
to pull off, particularly when you take into account the side effects
(scrolling to new places, garbage collection, etc.).

- Tab