i would use set selectionfocus() in flash for the first tab and let go
to visibiltiy true for second tab, move the focus to this second  if the first field
contains the right value.

in lingo witch i haven't tried on this, i would play with yourField = the selection()
then check with if the selection = EMPTY then alert "Please give it a shot." else if
this is the right value do something else..."
then set the selection() to the second field and make it visible to enter second value.

something in this range... hope it wil help a bit....

Fabrice

--
Zuidzijde reclamebureau
http://www.zuidzijde.nl