Thank you very much for that suggestion.  In my original program the visible sprite
was called "Green lowest" and was sprite 21.  The invisible sprite was called "Green
second" and was sprite 22.  After entering a number in "Green lowest", the user hit a
button.  The button's code was the following:

on mouseDown me
  if value(field("Green lowest")) = 5.8 then
    member("Green lowest").backcolor = 224
    sprite(22).visible = true
  else
    if field("Green lowest") = EMPTY then
    else
      if value(field("Green lowest")) < 5.8 OR value(field("Green lowest")) > 5.8  then
        alert "The value should be the Percent of Total Income of the Lowest quintile"
      else
      end if
    end if
  end if
etc.

Your suggestion led me to place
set the keyboardFocusSprite = 22
right after the
member("Green lowest").backcolor = 224
statement

What I find is that if I hit the button one time, the insertion point does not change,
but if I hit the button a second time, the insertion point will change.  Any idea how
to get the insertion point to change after the first hit?

I also discovered that the insertion point will change if you move to a new frame so I
have one version of the program where after entering the correct number the movie is
moved one frame forward and the insertion point moves to the next field.

Thank you.

Robert Rycroft

At 10:47 -0500 03/19/2002, Robert Rycroft wrote:

>Is there any way to move the insertion point automatically from the
>first field to the second after the correct number is entered in the
>second.?

Look up the keyboardFocusSprite.