At 20:27 +0000 03/27/2002, Richard Poole wrote:

>use
>
>the environment.InternetConnected()
>
>return either #online, or #offline

Not always. It's not consistent, particularly with firewalls (as I recall).

Really the very best thing you can do is ask the user. There have
been (approximately) 5 trillion terabytes of discussion on this
topic, and what it all comes back to, if you want to have code that's
reasonably certain to work in all cases, is simply asking the user.

I don't know why it is such an ordeal to get Director to access the
net as a projector. But it is, it always has been, and unless
something exciting happens soon, it will continue to be.

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting