Hi all,

I've made some discoveries and am a little baffled.

When looping in one frame:
--------------------------
Using the 'on prepareFrame' handler in the frame script will execute the commands
within it every time the frame loops.
Using the 'on prepareFrame' handler in a sprite script will execute the commands
within it only once.

Using the 'on beginSprite' handler in a sprite script will execute the commands within
it only once.
Using the 'on beginSprite' handler in the frame script will execute the commands
within it only once.

Up until now I have been using the 'on prepareFrame' handler in frame scripts, but to
prevent it from re-executing the commands within it every time
the frame loops I have been setting a variable to prevent this from happening more
than once.

Example
-------
global framePrepared

on startMovie
   framePrepared = 0
end

on prepareFrame me
   if framePrepared = 0 then
     framePrepared = 1
     <code to be executed>
     <code to be executed>
     <code to be executed>
   end if
end

What I'm getting at is what is the purpose of the 'on prepareFrame' handler when the
'on beginSprite' handler can be used in a frame script?
Is the 'on beginSprite' handler meant to be used in a frame script? Or an 'on
prepareFrame' handler to be used in a sprite script for that matter?

Drekinn

"It's not a bug, it's a random feature."