At 00:12 -0700 04/15/2002, nitin sharma wrote:

>can anybody tell me how i can check my script before
>playing my movie.

Short of writing a Lingo syntax parser, no. I'd suggest strongly
restricting what the user can enter. For instance if s/he wants to
change the color of something, use color chips like a paint program
does. You can even take a screenshot of the Director color palette
and use that, getting the RGB value of any pixel under the mouse as
the user clicks. This will have two advantages:

1. It prevents the user typing in something boneheaded (for instance
teenagers might try entering obscenities just to laugh at the
messages; and

2. Color chips are much more evocative of hues (as James Newton
mentions) than rgb ( 254, 17, 38 ).

>i m giving one script option to user in which he can
>wright his own script & can change property of sprite.
>like color, position etc.

You can set the position just by letting the user drag the sprite,
and getting its final location on mouseUp. Again, no need to run the
risk of the user typing in bad code.

>but when i use
>on mousewithin
>set the forecolor of sprite 1 to 6
>end
>
>its no effect

If you are using a behavior you have to append the 'me' keyword:

   on mouseWithin me
     set the forecolor of sprite 1 to 6
   END mouseWithin

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting